Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Other  (Read 3220 times)

Magispook

• Mod Team
Other
« on: March 26, 2006, 05:59:58 PM »

Just got a childhood friend hooked on the Red Green show.  Took three episodes but he's hooked.  Will loan him the Men on the Mountain episode to make him hopelessly addicted.  Am I ornery or what?   ::D
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter-allegations.

weaver

• OCH Friend
Re: Other
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 06:56:11 PM »

What, when and where is the Red Green Show? Oh yeah, I live way out in the woods and only have rabbit ears on the TV so, I probably can't get it anyway.

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 07:18:13 PM »

It's a show on PBS.  Men love it.  Some enlightened ladies love it too.  Red Green is the leader of a lodge up in Canada.  They fix everything with duct tape.  It has a lot of silly segments including a black and white slapstick called Adventures with Bill.  Red Green builds (jury rigs) stuff out of other stuff.  For example, he duct-taped two small cars together to make his version of a Hummer  Some of the stuff he makes probably would actually work.  A couple of episodes and you're hooked for life.  If you can pick up PBS, check the listings for your local station on the internet and make it a point to watch.  Some video rental places have the shows on DVD.  I have a 6 DVD set entitled "Stuffed and Mounted" with 8 episodes on each DVD--hour of fun.  You can find some background on the show and characters at redgreen.com.

weaver

• OCH Friend
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 07:36:53 PM »

You searched for "Red Green"  on All UNCTV/UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA TELEVISION listings
Results 0 of 0 

No broadcast information found for the coming two weeks

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »

Bummer.  Will try to find some segment on the internet someplace and post if I do.

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 08:23:35 PM »

Here ya go, friend.  Scroll down about halfways to see the segments.  The ones on camping and homemade camper are good examples of classic Red Green show.
http://www.iptv.org/redgreen/

Creekwoman

• OCH Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 10:22:43 PM »

Are there any women here who like The Red Green Show?  My husband watched it years ago and loved it....me, I simply went to bed!  ::)

tomiearl

• OCH Angel
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 11:28:11 PM »

I love the Red Green show.  we don't get it here in our area anymore,  wish we did.

tomiearl
I'm Gonna Dance, Don't Look for a Clean House!!

emmettgirl

• OCH Family
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 03:16:17 AM »

I watched it for awhile and loved it. Their creed was cute from my stand point. I miss seeint the show  we don't get it here anymore.
 Have a good day and be safe
 Emmettgirl
Tracy

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 05:51:24 PM »

Reminder - Got stuck in a traffic jam on I-79 here in WV today.  A woman sideswiped a car, jumped the median, and went head on into an 18 wheeler.  Both vehicles were traveling at least 70 mph.  Her body was covered with a blanket as I drove by the accident scene chock full of emergency responders.  They could not help her.  A reminder to me and hopefully to ya'll:  other than the death row prisoner, we don't know when we will be called to meet our maker.  So live your day to its fullest.  Make peace with yourself, your family, your friends, and your Creator.  Sometimes we're too busy to realize that until the fragility of life is displayed before your very eyes.

CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • SW Virginia
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 01:00:57 AM »

So true, Magispook.

Let me take this opportunity to say...
Thank you for being a part of my life. I'm richer for it. :smihearts
"You're gonna LOVE this place~!"
Pages: [1] |   Go Up