Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Even More Equipment Testing  (Read 636 times)

Magispook

• Mod Team
Even More Equipment Testing
« on: May 30, 2013, 09:48:04 PM »

Thermarest NeoAir Trekker Air Mattress - Didn't want to revive the old equipment testing thread so here's my opinion on the Thermarest NeoAir Trekker air mattress on this new thread.  I initially got the Large Torso model on sale which is a really great fit for my wife length-wise.  It's a bit short for me but the width (and comfort) is fantastic.  So I've been waiting for the Large model to go on sale and it finally did.  It's expensive.  But it's well worth it.  I'll include a link to the amazon.com site so you can read the reviews.  It only weighs 26 ounces, comes with its own bag, isn't much bigger rolled up than a quart of milk, and is extremely comfortable. The design puts air channels horizontally vice vertically and the engineering works well.  With a depth of two and a half inches, you can side sleep on it and not touch the ground.  My wife says it is a bit crinkly noise-wise but I disagree and I'm a light sleeper.  For the ladies, if your purse is the size my wife likes to carry around for everyday use, it will easily fit in the purse.  Here's the link:  http://www.amazon.com/Therm--Trekker-Mattress-EverGlade-Phantom/dp/B00452YXQG/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1369963202&sr=1-1&keywords=thermarest+trekker.  Of course you can inflate it by mouth, but you can also inflate it by buying the commercially made Instaflator (link to their video is http://themillair.com/) or simply make a similar device using a 3 inch piece of 5/8 inch plastic tubing, a plastic trash bag, and some tape.  I made a smaller version of the Instaflator using a bread bag for small inflating jobs.  This mattress gets my gear-head seal of approval.  Right now, due to doctor's orders, I can only imagine putting this in my hammock for some basic insulation atnight--who will want to get out of such a comfy sleep situation in the morning?  It only has an "R" insulation rating of 2 but reviews say that is good for typical three season type camping.  I can see this being used for overnight stays at friends or relatives, obviously camping, and also emergency use at an airport or hospital.  There is a chair adapter for the mattress as well which I already had and it makes a dandy chair or lounger with super comfort provided by the mattress.  You'll probably have to sell a kidney or something to get one of these or do like me:  save up until you can afford it when it goes on sale.  My advice is to save until you can buy the Large model instead of the Regular size.  Trust me, you'll be glad you invested in the comfort the extra five inches in width gives.  Your dilemma will occur when someone you know will want to borrow it after trying it out and enjoying the comfort provided.
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter-allegations.

chloe

• OCH Veteran
  • A pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime
Re: Even More Equipment Testing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 02:17:48 PM »

As far as the noise you could always wear ear plugs  :)
If you like it the best.

Pages: [1] |   Go Up