Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Ponderings 19  (Read 566 times)

Magispook

• Mod Team
Ponderings 19
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »

Just watched this documentary on youtube.  Thought provoking and scary/sad.....about teenage hobos during the Depression.  My grandfather was one and he taught me a few things about travel on the road such as putting some money in your shoe so you won't be arrested for vagrancy, making tomato soup with free hot water and ketchup at a lunch counter, using newspaper as insulation when forced to sleep outside, etc.  He also told me about the brutality of the railroad bulls and watching his best friend beheaded when his friend lost his footing trying to hop a freight.  Watch at your own risk--you will be affected by this documenatry on many levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qahth90FebU
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter-allegations.

CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • SW Virginia
Re: Ponderings 19
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:57:19 PM »

Thanks for sharing the link, Dan. I bet that is an "illuminating" documentary. I'm in the midst of a survival story of sorts within my own family members right now and think it best to wait a bit before delving into this documentary. I know you'll understand. :gfriends1:

I think we can all learn from studying the life struggles of other times, people & places, but its important not to saturate ourselves when our lives are raw with living the realities so close to home. :hug
"You're gonna LOVE this place~!"
Pages: [1] |   Go Up