Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Virginia Lakin knitting book 5  (Read 811 times)

Pansy

• OCH Veteran
Virginia Lakin knitting book 5
« on: July 21, 2011, 08:27:08 PM »

I do hope someone has this little book - I have used Virginia's books for years and now am involved with some young girls from my Church who want to knit (and have me knit for them...) and I need this book.  Have looked and looked and I have either lost or misplaced it.  In any event, would love to get a copy and will pay for printing and postage if someone has it - please, please!

Maeve

• Moderators
  • like the perfect chord at imperfect times
Re: Virginia Lakin knitting book 5
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »

I found this on Amazon but I'm not sure if that's what you want. 

You may try asking about it on Ravelry.

Pansy

• OCH Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:52:40 PM »

Thanks - I didn't even think of going to Amazon (or Barnes and Noble for that matter.)  Will try it later.  I didn't have a place to go on your answer to show what you had found....I'm not too computer literate so if it is there please forgive me!  Thanks again.

chloe

• OCH Veteran
  • A pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 01:02:01 AM »

I am sure the young ladies at your church will truly enjoy learning to knit.

If you click on the words  "I found this on Amazon" in Maeve post it should take you to the book.

Maeve

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 09:53:43 AM »

Sorry!  I just sort of assume that people know that when text is a different colour it's usually a clickable link.  I really should have said, 'click here'

Thanks for catching that chloe!

Also, I can really recommend Ravelry for beginning knitters and crocheters.  Not that OCH doesn't have some great crafters who are always willing to help, but Ravelry is focused on all things fibre and there's always someone there to help out.  Plus it's an amazing source for patterns, many of them free, a great place to show off your projects, plus see how a garment looks on real people.

It's a free site to use, but you do have to sign up.  click here for Ravelry

Pansy

• OCH Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »

:giggle Thanks to you (and my beginning "education" on computer stuff - thank you!) I have now ordered a knitting book I paid fifty cents for about 45 years ago - with postage it is darn near 20.00!!!!!  Will be worth it (I think) if the little girls learn and enjoy!  So far, they love knitting and now sewing for both their eighteen inch and Barbi dolls - and of course I am having the most fun of all.....

`

Maeve

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 09:03:55 AM »

I do hope you enjoy your book!  I did a quick search on Ravelry and found nearly 200 free Barbi patterns and I'm sure that could be expanded for other size dolls.  The internet in general is a fabulous resource for information.

Pansy

• OCH Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »

:wave4  Wow!  Love Ravelry....what a site!  Have downloaded enough patterns to keep me out of the pool halls for the rest of my life!!!  Had to clean off the tray on my walker today to find the current pattern (not there, so where is it???) so downloaded it again and am on my way to work on it.  Took it to the hospital with me last week but do you think I could get 267 stitches on correctly???  Had to laugh at myself did them straight through - wrong!  So decided if I marked every twenty stitches - wrong!  Next was every fifty stitches - wrong again!  Tore it all out and came home and did it straight through - go figure! My little girls  (not so little really) are going to love these patterns.  Thanks again to everyone!

chloe

• OCH Veteran
  • A pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 09:58:21 PM »

I am glad you found some great pattern I hope you can show us some pictyres when you get each
project done.  :ghurray2: