Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Ponderings 19  (Read 2815 times)

Magispook

• Mod Team
Re: Ponderings 19
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 02:38:24 PM »

Got my PSA result today.  Normal range, minimal increase.  I'm a happy camper.   :)
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter-allegations.

jollyquilter

• West Virginia
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 06:38:09 PM »

Wonderful news!     :gclap2    Prayers were answered!  :ghurray2:
My Etsy shop ~ Stuff by Kim ~ from The Mountains of West Virginia

Fiber and Flea Village
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 08:21:49 AM »

Mousey Condo - I was quite surprised this morning when I went again to the toilet to find a mouse had swam up through what I thought was a closed system within the past hour from the previous visit (evidently from outside given the wet fur and no indications outside the toilet of its presence).  It is cold here today and I don't kill anything unless it is a threat.  Just so happens I finished a jar of peanut butter and the jar was awaiting recycling.  So I urged the mouse into the jar and closed the lid.  Lots of mouse favorite food in that jar.  Then I cut a small hole in the lid big enough for a mouse but not big enough for cat paws (lots of feral cats in the area).  Then I got the great idea of putting the dryer lint (needed cleaning anyway) in there for the basics of a nest.  I took the new mouse condo out on a nearby hillside and placed the condo door side to the ground under some brush.  Lots of water for the drinking if you're a mouse there.  So the mouse got prepper gifts for Christmas to include a stay of execution:  food, secure and warm shelter, water.  It does not have a BOB so it will have to shelter in place.  Alas, no mousey equivalent of an AR-15, shortwave radio, books to read, or other doomer wishfuls but not too bad a reward for swimming through a sewer up into my toilet.  It would have been great amusement if one of the girls had discovered it during a visit to our bathroom but that bathroom is pretty much my domain.  I do have pictures, however, to show the girls and crank up some paranoia.    And, to top it off, the condo is mortgage-free with no neighborhood association dues.

jollyquilter

• West Virginia
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 09:47:58 AM »

:lol     :o
My Etsy shop ~ Stuff by Kim ~ from The Mountains of West Virginia

Fiber and Flea Village
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com

chloe

• OCH Veteran
  • A pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 12:56:01 PM »

Magispook I just have to say-- You are truly a trip  :clap   :giggle

CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • SW Virginia
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 04:02:59 AM »

:giggle Its amazing the things we 'relate to'. :lol

Chloe, he's even more of a 'trip' in person. :yes

Magispook, you are definitely a kind-hearted man. :hug
"You're gonna LOVE this place~!"

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 12:46:06 PM »

Situational (insert your word here) - There is a concept magicians call "situational magic."  As an example, a fellow magician related the following:  he was wearing a T-shirt, was alone for a bit so was practicing a production method with a silk.  A  group of his friends walks in unexpectedly and the de facto group leader tells my friend "stand up, keep your hands in front of you without going near your body, and make something appear".  My friend then produced a bright red silk handkerchief from his bare hands without going near his body or any fancy moves.  Rightfully, his audience was blown away.  I just had a situational happening on my daily 3 mile walk a few minutes ago.  I study the Pimsleur German audio course when I walk or drive and have been having some difficulty with giving/understanding driving directions.  I thought I pretty much mastered it on this particular walk.  Up drives a sedan with a young German couple with kid in babyseat in back who happen to be lost.  They asked me how to get to an address they showed me and I knew the directions.  I gave them the directions in English and then in German for good measure.  Then told them welcome to the USA and good luck on finding their destination.  Talk about timing......... I'm sure similar things happen to everyone.  Anone else with similar situationals?

chloe

• OCH Veteran
  • A pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »

My being in the right place at the right time has been few and far between, but
when it happens I can agree it is an amazing thing.
 :gclap2

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up