Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Ponderings 18  (Read 13676 times)

theyd

• OCH Family
Re: Ponderings 18
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2011, 08:08:28 AM »

:pray

simplyme2u

« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »

my heart goes out to you and your family

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2011, 08:00:04 PM »

Buried him today.  Filed required documents at the local courthouse.  Will restart routine living tomorrow but obviously it will never be the same.  Thanks to all for support.  I'll put some thoughts to the keyboard about this whole experience in the future but will get back on track to earning a living and having a buffer of time first. 
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter-allegations.

CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • SW Virginia
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »

:hug :pray :smihearts  Hope you felt the warmth of our hearts there with you in Support today Dan.
I even checked the weather and was thankful that the storm hadn't reached your area yet.
Perhaps the extent and timing of this blizzard will give you a respite on the 'work-a-day' world.
Please be careful out in the cold. Give yourself a little grace. :angel

:hug  :rosie
"You're gonna LOVE this place~!"

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2011, 11:13:15 PM »

We've been sorting through papers which are scattered throughout the trailer due to Dad's dementia.  My sister found a birthday card to me from Dad that had not been given to me.  I just assumed he had forgotten or did not have the funds and let it go at that.  I opened the card this afternoon and found a $20 in it.  I'm not a drinkin' man but bought a bottle of cognac which will last months and did a toast in remembrence.  I found a bunch of Christmas cards with envelopes not addressed but at the ready.  I will send them out this year with his return address on the envelopes so others can get a smidgen of the thrill I got today.

CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • SW Virginia
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2011, 02:47:17 AM »

:hug Its amazing how many little things can pop up like that. I'm sure this is a difficult time, different from the weeks earlier, both challenging and rewarding in its own way. The cognac was a good move. Class act concerning the cards, too. :yes

Keeping you in our thoughts... :hug

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »

Was just now getting ready to call Dad to make sure he's OK 'cause I hadn't talked to him for awhile.  Oh, forgot.  Old habits die hard.

CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • SW Virginia
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2011, 05:41:01 PM »

:hug Yes they do. But it shows we are keeping them in our heart. Thank you so much for sharing that.

One day, I was missing my Mom so bad that I got a box of tissues and picked the phone up and actually talked with 'her' as if she was on the other end of the line. Somehow using the phone made the conversation feel more 'real'. ....and I used a lot of tissues too. 

I've been hoping to hear from you, so :ty2 for this post. You are in my thoughts and prayers still. :smihearts

Creekwoman

• OCH Veteran
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »

My mom has been gone over 30 years.  I still feel this missing of her often.  Especially when something good or bad happens, she was always the one I wanted to tell first.

It gets easier but the missing of your parents never ends.

Hugs to you Magispook!

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2011, 07:33:27 PM »

It was a severe emotional sucker punch.  I had absolutely no idea it was coming.  None whatsoever.  It has put me in a "reflective" mood and I don't do "reflective" well.  Wanderlust is also worming its way back into my psyche and my responsibilities must take priority.  I was searching for work in Garmisch last night.  Fortunately (responsibility-wise) there was nothing but a $15/hour commissary cashier job available.  ; )  Thanks for the support and suggestions--I'll get back to my natural ornery self sooner or later.  Hopefully sooner.

KatieMouse

• OCH Family
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »

Little things will hit hard. Just grab those tissues and think of special or fun things you've done with him. Both the tears and the  laughter are good for you & the healing process. "Reflect" on the good stuff.
Mom's been gone for what? 4 years? and I did myself in opening up a drawer. We hadn't finished the bottom drawer & it wasn't high on the priority list and never got back to it. I was hunting for something & forgot about not finishing. Her powder puff was in that drawer, so I got the whole "smells like mom" smack in the face. That was worth 1/2 box of tissues. Smells trigger memories faster than anything else.
And then there was the toothpick... she always used them & we'd find them in the oddest places. I was helping dad look for some papers this week and checked a shelf I had dusted just abit ago. When I moved a book, out rolled a toothpick. We had such a good laugh about mom checking up on us & leaving her toothpick behind! She would have loved it!

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »

Sold the home place today.  That should pay the doctor bills but there will be nothing left over.  We have been cleaning all this time.  Lots and lots of hours organizing and carting stuff off for later sale at yard sales and flea market to be stored at the homes of all three of us--he had that much "stuff."  Paid a former classmate yesterday to haul off junk no one could use.  Cannot put the old TVs in the landfill and no place will accept them so they're on my back porch (visible) and I suspect the real estate agent trying to sell the place next door to me will not be happy but all we can do is wait for a county E-cycle day to get rid of them.  There is still a metal shed on the lot but another friend of mine is to haul it off to his farm and use it as a hog feed shelter.  After that is moved, there will be no trace of the Spook family ever living there.  My brother and I are the last of the Spook male line so it ends with us.  Stopped by the grave today.  They have put straw on it already.  The headstone has not yet been installed so my mom's will have to do in the interim.  I have no emotion about these things.  They are what they are and I cannot do anything to change them.  I have been described as pragmatic although the most common description is crazy (in a nice way).  So that's the (most likely) last update.

CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • SW Virginia
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »

Congratulations on getting the duties done. It is a journey...one we each design. We'll be here if/when additional updates or situations arise. :ghug1:

NavyGal

• Administrator
  • Our little shanty- not perfect, but ours!
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2011, 08:58:40 PM »

Thank you for letting us know what's been going on for you.  Sometimes it's hard to really realize how much 'stuff' one can accumulate during a lifetime - especially if they have not moved often....  I think about this when looking around mom's place (not the property next to us).
“Gardening is painting the canvas of the earth.”  ~ Jean-Luc Danneyrolles

Rosesfirst

• OCH Veteran
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2011, 02:20:25 AM »

Magispook, I would describe you as realistic. It is what it is and you have handled it before and after as best you can. That's all anyone can do.  :hug

Millie

• Newcomer
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2012, 10:47:21 PM »

Humm ...Ponderings

How come sheep don't shrink when they get wet?

:giggle

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2012, 06:05:50 AM »

'Cause the farmer adds Woolite to the sheep dip?

Millie

• Newcomer
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2012, 08:22:37 AM »

'Finally!!!' a logical reason!!!  :congrats
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] |   Go Up