Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Experiments  (Read 9129 times)

CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • SW Virginia
Re: Experiments
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »

That sounds ingenious~! Way to GO~!
"You're gonna LOVE this place~!"

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2007, 01:56:58 PM »

Cheap RV - I've been checking out the cheaprvliving.com site.  It's a site devoted to (mostly) living out of your vehicle--not the readybuilt RV, but homebrewed modifications of vans, minivans, and truck toppers type stuff.  In other words, within my financial means.  I'll never be able to afford a real RV or the gasoline to run it.  But I may be able to convert our minivan or the back of my truck.  My wife is not going to support such a conversion if it is permanent so I'm looking at temporary reconfigurations.  The idea of boondocking (no outside hookups such as electricity, water, etc.) is particularly facinating for me as it parallels my prep mindset.  I don't see it as a classic bug-out vehicle (where would I put all my preps unless I have a trailer to tow?) but I can see using my preps in the minivan.  In keeping with Colin Fletcher's "rooms" concept for backpacking, I can easily put together a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and patio (adding an "extra" room using an awning) from stuff I already have.  The challenge is placement of the "furniture,"  it's weight, dual/triple use, etc.  I can see the conversion for temporary work in another location when I don't have the funds for a motel room all the time or perhaps a weekend "car camping" trip.  Lots of other things to ponder after reading the entire site.  One is security when stealth camping.  Locations is another.  Walmart, according to posts, appears to be RV friendly if not within city limits and I now see why I typically see a few RVs parked in an unobtrusive part of their lot.  Anyway, fascinating site.  I believe I will toy with the idea of temporary conversion of our Town & Country minivan and report my ideas here.  I'd love to see inputs from others on this board on the "RV on the cheap" potential.  Perhaps we can start a thread on it if there is enough participation.
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter-allegations.

iouJC

• OCH Veteran
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 10:57:05 AM »

YIPEE!! I REALLY like that RV site!! Gave me lots of ideas for my current situation!! Thanx!!

Magispook

• Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 07:23:52 PM »

Saw the milk crates I've been looking for at our local Gabriel Brothers store.  $2.50 each and I need ten.  Can't convince the wife we need 'em even though I tried to sell the concept of organizing our food preps and decluttering with them.  Hmmm, wonder how much they give for blood nowadays......
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter-allegations.
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up