Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy Magic  (Read 1410 times)

Magispook

Easy Magic
« on: June 14, 2005, 08:05:14 AM »

Easy Magic  

The "Magi" of Magispook is from the fact I am a magician. On occasion, I will post some easy magic trick you can use.

======================

Magispook - * Staff *    

HANG OUT AT THE COKE MACHINE so you can do this quick and dirty. They will groan at being fooled but almost immediately look for a victim to try it out on as soon as you leave. Have your "mark" pull a coin from his/her pocket or choose one from your own handful. (Old magician rule: always use someone else's money whenever possible). Tell the person the following (wording is important so listen up): "If you have a coin dated 2000 or later, use another because that would be too easy for me. Add up the numbers under the profile on the head side of the coin you chose. Tell me the sum and I'll tell you the date. To make things interesting, we'll bet a Coke on the outcome." Your mark will tell you the sum of the numbers in the date on the coin. Say "You tell me the sum and I'll tell you the date, right?" The person should agree. Do your best TV clairovoyant impression. Ham it up. Then, tell your mark today's date. Explain you didn't say you would determine the date on the coin. You said that if you were told the sum, you would say the date (which is today's date). Duck the good-natured punch, purse, candy bar, etc. directed your way. Take or not take the Coke and walk away whistling the theme of the Good, Bad, and the Ugly. Peep around the corner and watch your mark put the bite on the next victim.

===================

Maeve - * Staff *

my husband is also a magician! So in the past 13 years I have been to some of the best of some of the very worst magic shows...from Las Vegas strip shows to county fairs, I think I've seen em all!

I am on the lookout for a large card silk with no coloured border...he has one that's rectangular, looks exactly like a Queen of Hearts card, because it's white silk, rectangular in proportion to a real playing card, but it's large, I'd have to go find it for exact dimensions.

He has some of the smaller ones, with the borders and they're ok, but they just don't jazz me like that queen of hearts, which can be used on even a big stage.

also, I know he's on the lookout for some nice um, oh drat, they're feathers, coloured, that turn into flowers...I guess the only ones really being made now are not the best quality.

=================

Magispook - * Staff *

Although I sometimes can be conned into doing platform, I'm a close-up magician. I'll query the local guys here in north-central WV to see if anyone has or has seen such a silk. I have an old version of the fastest trick in the world--it has feather flowers and is gathering dust. Not much chance to use it in close-up. So have you been volunteered to assist in performances?

========================

Maeve - * Staff *

oh yes...I have been "volunteered"...I don't do well on stage, I am NOT an exhibitionist! I much prefer to be backstage, cuing the music!
Pages: [1] |   Go Up