Author Topic: What's Goin On?  (Read 572 times)

Offline Garnet

• OCH Staff
What's Goin On?
« on: August 18, 2014, 01:49:08 PM »
 :2-hihand:  Staying tuned and waiting to see what's on the drawing board in your workshop.  Am I nosey?  Of course!  But with a purpose ... looking for inspiration. 

I'm just tidying up and finishing up some loose ends.  Finishing some handwork on back cushions for folding chairs.  Rods across the backs are uncomfortable without a little padding.  Lots of the handwork got done during all the cautions during yesterday's race. 

I've started to inventory designs for my embroidery machine.  Had to face up to some retraining, which means reading manuals.  I want to begin stitching out design samples.  Wondering what to use for sample fabric.  Saving my good fabric stash for projects.  May look for a sheet at the thrift ... something new or in good condition, not too flimsy, not too tightly woven ...

Like I was saying, I'm looking for project inspiration and ideas.  Hoping you have something to share.

Offline Elle Mae

• OCH Staff
Re: What's Goin On?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »
Oh Garnet!!!   :icon_hug:  I can hardly wait for life to slow back down enough for me to be able to work on crafts again.  There are so many new Christmas ornaments  :silverbells:  I have patterns for (and they are calling my name) but right now I just can't drag them out.  Can you imagine the mess  :banghead:  I would have in the hospital waiting room Friday morning if I drug all my beads, trimmings, and styrofoam bases there to occupy myself while I wait???   :1-giggle:

Oh well...............someday   :0-pray:

"Just off of the beaten path, a little dot on a state road map. That's where I was born and where I'll die. Things move at a slower pace nobody's in the rat race and these days that's a special way of life"   - Down Home by Alabama