Author Topic: Mulberry Jelly  (Read 684 times)

Offline Elle Mae

• OCH Staff
Mulberry Jelly
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:29:42 PM »
This was my grandma's recipe for mulberry jelly, so you know it was good if a grandma used it!!!

Mash two quarts of mulberries with a wooden spoon in a saucepan with 1/2 cup of water.  Slowly bring to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent burning and to break up the cells for 8 to 10 minutes.  Put mixture in a jelly bag to drain off juice.  Add one cup of sugar for each cup of juice and re-heat slowly. Do the sheeting test to check for jelling point. Ladle hot mixture into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.  Adjust two piece lids and process in water bath canner for 10 minutes

Enjoy!!!! :icon_hug:

"Just off of the beaten path, a little dot on a state road map. That's where I was born and where I'll die. Things move at a slower pace nobody's in the rat race and these days that's a special way of life"   - Down Home by Alabama

Offline chloe

• Administrator
Re: Mulberry Jelly
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:18:41 AM »
 :thankyou: EM for the recipes. Even though I don't have any Mulberries I think I will save the recipe.

I am looking into seeing if I can get some Mulberry bushes to grow here.  :XFingers1:

Good friends are like stars...
        You don't always see them,
        but know they are always there.