Author Topic: Christmas Season is upon Us  (Read 407 times)

Offline chloe

• Administrator
Christmas Season is upon Us
« on: November 29, 2016, 10:13:58 PM »
What have you been working on for Christmas  :gquestion2:

I been busy making Christmas stocking 13 so far (one to go) ,Gift bags and totes. a throw size quilt as a prize for one of the games we play. potholders the woven kind made with loops, and of course all the Christmas ornaments. Oh I almost forgot knitted house shoes 7 pair.

I don't think I am done yet either  :1-giggle:

Good friends are like stars...
        You don't always see them,
        but know they are always there.

Offline Elle Mae

• OCH Staff
Re: Christmas Season is upon Us
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 03:29:31 PM »
Holy Cow, Chloe!!!  I hadn't thought about those woven potholders for years!!!!  I remember making bunches of them as a child.......   

I also love to make the Christmas ornaments.  Of course my luck ran true to form this year (a day late and a dollar short....yep, that's me)  The mayor's wife contacted me stating that there were going to be craft tables set up at the Hometown Village Christmas they are trying to get under way for this year, that she had seen and loved my ornaments, and would I like to have a table to sell my ornaments?  Well, yeah.......but I need to know more than a week in advance, ya know.  I'm good, but I can't whip out enough to sell THAT quickly   :tapfoot:  Oh well.....there's always next year...lol  This way I will have plenty of time to get several different patterns made up.

Good luck with the quilt, Chloe.  Please post pictures when you have it finished.

"Just off of the beaten path, a little dot on a state road map. That's where I was born and where I'll die. Things move at a slower pace nobody's in the rat race and these days that's a special way of life"   - Down Home by Alabama

Offline chloe

• Administrator
Re: Christmas Season is upon Us
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 01:38:48 PM »
As the kids opened the house slipper I was happily surprised they loved them so much they took there shoes off and put them on.

The stockings were a huge hit too. I was so please all the effort I put into making these things was so well liked it gave my heart such a lift

Good friends are like stars...
        You don't always see them,
        but know they are always there.