Author Topic: Do you use a knife for paper projects?  (Read 489 times)

Offline Garnet

• OCH Staff
Do you use a knife for paper projects?
« on: October 19, 2015, 12:23:58 PM »
Jeffery Rudell does alot of innovative things with paper.  You can read how he got a job with an assignment to do something impressive with one sheet of paper.  But what was very valuable to me in this post was his knowledge about paper-cutting knives, which he discusses in the post and also in a reply comment. 

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/4832/bend-to-conquer-how-to-make-a-beautiful-paper-lantern

Of course, the post is really about cutting a decorative design in a sheet of paper and wrapping it around a light.  So you might find his tutorial and design worth trying as well.  Enjoy!

Offline CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • Administrator
  • I just LOVE this place~!
    • OurCountryHaven Blogs and Forums
Re: Do you use a knife for paper projects?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »
That really is an interesting post. The luminary he created was pretty. That was a good tip to use vellum

I would probably never attempt paper cutting or piercing due to my propensity to cut myself with any sharp object. :hissy: ADHD makes me too impulsive.

Offline Garnet

• OCH Staff
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 06:40:33 PM »
I have a set of Xacto knives that I rarely use.  I usually use a rotary cutter and 6x12 ruler for paper trimming and straight cuts.  But for someone who can do the curvy cuts with a knife, it's good to know the product info.

Offline CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • Administrator
  • I just LOVE this place~!
    • OurCountryHaven Blogs and Forums
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 12:26:06 PM »
That's true, Garnet, and for others who are not as clutzy as I am, it's inspiring to have this information and the accompanying pdf file. Thanks for posting it. :1-flowersyel: