Author Topic: Pasta Ornaments  (Read 570 times)

Offline Garnet

• OCH Staff
Pasta Ornaments
« on: October 17, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »
 :Uthink:  What glue should I use to make pasta ornaments?  So many craftsters use a hot glue gun.  Not me ... if i can help it.  Too messy and hard to control.  And I've had bad experiences with them just suddenly stopping to work.  It always happened when I had a big production run going with a time crunch. 

These pasta ornaments look like they would be easy to make with kids if I just found the right glue.

Anyway, I'm going to stock up on pasta if i see it on sale and experiment with glue.  Then find some kids who need something to do indoors on a rainy day.

So many designs.  So little time.

http://diy-enthusiasts.com/decorating-ideas/christmas/christmas-crafts-kids-ornaments-pasta/

Offline chloe

• Administrator
Re: Pasta Ornaments
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 07:51:31 PM »
The  pasta ornament are cool. I know you said you don't like to use a glue gun but the way most of them are made it would take so long to let them dry with a water based glue. E 1000 might work but if I were making them with kids I would use a low temp glue *gun* it so as not to burn the kids

Good friends are like stars...
        You don't always see them,
        but know they are always there.

Offline Garnet

• OCH Staff
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 10:40:01 PM »
One Happy Bird, who does a lot of craft tutorials, is using Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue with "plastic" beads.  So i will try that to see how long it takes to dry.  I had repeated problems with the glue guns from the craft store.  They would work for a while and then stop.  DH finally got one of a better quality from a hardware department.  I may pull that out to see if it still works. 

Offline CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • Administrator
  • I just LOVE this place~!
    • OurCountryHaven Blogs and Forums
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 09:16:52 AM »
There's quite a competition going among the major glue makers, so be sure to let us know about Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue. She has some good glue products. I've gotten some glues to work better by laying the just-glued items in front of a fan or in a sunny window. Maybe check at Lowe's for Gorilla Glue. They have some interesting products now-a-days too. :1-giggle: