Author Topic: Dehydrator  (Read 4580 times)

Offline chloe

• Administrator
Dehydrator
« on: May 24, 2015, 08:02:56 PM »
For Mothers day I got a new dehydrator. I already have a American Harvest with 5 round trays
Now I also have a LEM 10 tray one as well. Now my problem is where is a good place to keep it so I can use it regularly.

Our garden so far is looking good so I hope I get enough to can, freeze and dehydrate.

Good friends are like stars...
        You don't always see them,
        but know they are always there.

Offline Elle Mae

• OCH Staff
Re: Dehydrator
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 08:52:56 PM »
Congratulations on getting another dehydrator Chloe!!!  I keep my Excalibur on one of the shelves of a five shelf storage rack at the end of the kitchen.  Due to lack of available counter space, I also keep my bread machine, electric roaster, vaccuum sealer, juicer, and other large appliances  there as there is an available plug in on the wall next to it.  When I need to use one of them, I just slide a glass cutting board under the appliance to help diffuse the heat from the coated rack shelf and "away I go". 

Here's hoping your garden keeps you busy enough to need both dehydrators going at the same time!!!!

"Just off of the beaten path, a little dot on a state road map. That's where I was born and where I'll die. Things move at a slower pace nobody's in the rat race and these days that's a special way of life"   - Down Home by Alabama

Offline chloe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 09:47:46 AM »
 :thankyou: EM for the great idea I have several of those type shelves in my storage room. Now i have a reason to get another one  :gthumbsup1:  :)

Offline CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • Administrator
  • I just LOVE this place~!
    • OurCountryHaven Blogs and Forums
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 02:32:54 AM »
You'll be using that new dehydrator, so get your vacuum sealer and lots of mason jars, lids, and rings ready to go. The more convenient they are to use, the more you will use them.

I'm so happy you got the new dehydrator. Happy Mother's Day, Chloe~! :gspring1:

Offline chloe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 09:17:32 AM »
Thank you both

I use to tell my boys when they ask what do I want and I would reply "anything you pick out"

Now I just make a list and they get together and send me a picture of something on they list and the money to get it.  :gthumbsup1:

Offline CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • Administrator
  • I just LOVE this place~!
    • OurCountryHaven Blogs and Forums
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 10:04:32 AM »
 :gspring1: :claphands: :1-flowersyel:
Now I just make a list and they get together and send me a picture of something on they list and the money to get it.

Now THAT is a brilliant idea~! :gfriends1: