Author Topic: Jewelry Craft-along Part C  (Read 660 times)

Offline Garnet

• OCH Staff
Jewelry Craft-along Part C
« on: February 11, 2015, 01:14:50 PM »
 :9-updated: :gpoke1:  As you know, I gave up on braided bracelets.  I cried :ghelp1: and gave up.

Today I ran across a bracelet tutorial that looks like it might just be a real winner.  So I'm giving bracelets one more try.  It looks so simple.  Just takes 2 sizes of beads and wire to string them on. 

I did find beading wire that worked fine for making a couple of necklaces.  So it's what I'll use for bracelets.

Beadalon bead-stringing wire
19 Strand
.018 in ... 15 ft
Silver Color

Take a look at the tutorial here

The bracelet length is 22 cm, which is about 8 3/4 in.  I'll see how that turns out.

Offline Garnet

• OCH Staff
Re: Jewelry Craft-along Part C
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 10:17:09 PM »
Errands led me right by Michael's this morning.  I found claw closures and crimp beads.  The person at Michaels didn't know about beading, but knew the inventory because she stocks it.  So she knew just what and where the choices were.  Between the two of us, we were able to figure out which style and size of crimp beads to use.  I already had toggle and claw closures, but I put them away so well I couldn't find them.  I made my own choice on claw closures to use until the others decide to be found.  I'll be back to bracelets real soon now. 

:gpoke1:  Is anyone going to join in this craft-along? 

Offline Garnet

• OCH Staff
Re: Jewelry Craft-along Part C
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 09:06:17 AM »
 :2-wave1: :9-updated: Once again, the tutorial caught my eye and then I realized using just the exact beads would be necessary.  I tried different bead size combinations, but didn't have what it took to produce the expected result.

So I even gave braided bracelets another chance.  It just didn't work out either ... still. 

So I chose my favorite necklace length and came up with a winner.  And did a second one.  And it looks like I'm now forever abandoning bracelets for necklaces.

BTW, I now have 2 new necklaces using my new crystal beads and 2 from repurposed beads.  If I keep this up, I will have a collection for the gifting wall (explained in my blogs.)  And some of the old necklaces may just end up on a rack for the gnieces along with other things for the the little ladies to play dressup.   :1-giggle:
 :1-smihearts: