Author Topic: Socks  (Read 861 times)

Offline chloe

• Administrator
Socks
« on: January 06, 2015, 08:45:12 AM »
Always stock-up on old socks!  These used cotton wonders have millions of uses.  Once they're hopelessly worn-out, use them as the perfect covering for packing or moving bottled wines, mugs or glasses.  They stretch over bottles and allow for close packing without breakage.  Used as sock gloves, old cotton socks are great for polishing or cleaning.  A perennial favorite for covering golf clubs, they can also be used to cover well oiled tools and parts.  The higher the cotton content, the better they'll clean and absorb liquids.

Tip form tightwad

Good friends are like stars...
        You don't always see them,
        but know they are always there.

Offline aviax2

• OCH Staff
Re: Socks
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 04:03:51 PM »
Chloe~ I saw where someone had the tip of taking a pair of "clean" old socks in your purse to use in a restroom especially for a little girl. You slide the socks over each side of the toilet seat to make a clean sitting place then toss the socks.
Avia

"Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company." 
                                                                    --Booker T. Washington

Offline Elle Mae

• OCH Staff
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 04:41:24 PM »
Aviax2 - what a wonderful idea!!!

Chloe - I was going to suggest sliding an old sock on over your hand and then spraying with furniture polish to wipe into the nooks and crannies on shelving, etc.

"Just off of the beaten path, a little dot on a state road map. That's where I was born and where I'll die. Things move at a slower pace nobody's in the rat race and these days that's a special way of life"   - Down Home by Alabama

Offline chloe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 05:01:52 PM »
I we surfing and saw this site Old Socks with great ideas on recycling old socks.

Cut the toes from the socks, then sew the socks together in a long tube. Stuff the tubes with dryer lint and use as a door-stopper.

Put larger socks over shoes when painting or doing anything messy.

Use the socks to stuff pillows or soft toys.

Fill the sock with more socks and catnip. Then sew the sock closed for a great cat toy.

Canít leave Fido out. Insert a tennis ball into a sock, and then know the end of the sock for a nice dog toy.

Slip socks on your hands and use to dust the ceiling fans or blinds

:gthumbsup1:

Good friends are like stars...
        You don't always see them,
        but know they are always there.