Author Topic: Picture Posting ... Is it OK?  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Garnet

• OCH Staff
Picture Posting ... Is it OK?
« on: October 14, 2014, 12:13:57 PM »
 :2-wave1:  Just wondering about picture size  in my guest blog posts.  I resize pictures so that 600 is the max for ea.  Clicking on the pic enlarges it for enlarging to view detail.  Let me know if I should do something different.   

:thankyou:

Offline CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • Administrator
  • I just LOVE this place~!
    • OurCountryHaven Blogs and Forums
Re: Picture Posting ... Is it OK?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 03:07:06 AM »
That would be 600 pixels in width and 900 pixels in height to be accurate. Our software will automatically resize what you attach to that size as long it is within the proper Kilobytes for attachments.

The other part of posting pictures is the Kilobytes of each image and the total Kilobytes of the group of images being posted to that POST...
Restrictions: 5 per post, maximum total size 500KB, maximum individual size 200KB

Does this help?

If you run into problems, please let me know so I can share what the problem is and how to fix while it is fresh in your mind. :icon_hug:

Offline Garnet

• OCH Staff
Re: Picture Posting ... Is it OK?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:56:18 AM »
I'll check the KB size, too.  Anyway, I think I've been staying within the limit, because I resize so that the largest "dimension" is reduced to 600 (maintaining aspect ratio.)   It has meant the viewer has to click on the picture to enlarge to see the details.