Author Topic: Equipment for Hunting & Fishing?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline chloe

• Administrator
Equipment for Hunting & Fishing?
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »
What type of Equipment do you hunt and/or fish with?

Do you hunt and/or fish for food?

My Dh and DS 2 hunt and fish. It has been a while since I have been fishing though. We do hunt and fish for the food.
I have deer in the freezer but sure do need more fish. Usually fish for crappie, catfish and bass. I mostly fish with a rod and reel.  Not being a hunter myself I can't talk about what they hunt with.

I would like to learn how to fish and even hunt by making my own equipment.

Good friends are like stars...
        You don't always see them,
        but know they are always there.

Offline chloe

• Administrator
Re: Equipment for Hunting & Fishing?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 11:46:56 AM »

From a minimalist perspective strong fishing line and hooks are the two primary items in our fishing kit and they would be content just having that.  However, we can improve our kit without adding much bulk by including the following:

Multi-tool containing pliers and a single-edge knife blade (for hook removal, scaling/cleaning fish, and crafting artificial lures)
    A spool of nylon gardening cord (used to retain fish after catching them as well as material for crafting artificial lures and nets)
    Container with lid (such as a small tin or margarine tub, used to contain the miscellaneous hardware noted below, also useful to hold live bait when needed)
    Many large and small paper clips, safety pins, rubber bands; as well as a few strong finishing nails (miscellaneous useful hardware)
    A fanny pack or soft media case which is typically used to store 8-12 audio cassette tapes, either of which will be useful in storing the entire fishing kit.

Excerpt from the the survivalist blog  about a building a nice fishing kit check it out to read more
built a fishing kit

Good friends are like stars...
        You don't always see them,
        but know they are always there.