Author Topic: What type of not electric Gadgets have you accuired ?  (Read 1636 times)

Offline chloe

• Administrator
What type of not electric Gadgets have you accuired ?
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:33:20 AM »
What type of not electric Gadgets have you accuired ?

Most of my non-electric stuff is for the kitchen. Vacuum Sealers. Graders, lots of knifes for all sorts of needs plus several sharpeners, etc.
Fireplace equipped for cooking. Laurens and lamps, several different kinds and sizes. I always keep an abundance of candles too.

We do have large a array of camping equipment to survive for a long time.

Good friends are like stars...
        You don't always see them,
        but know they are always there.

Offline luvs2quilt

• OCH Staff
Re: What type of not electric Gadgets have you accuired ?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 12:09:41 PM »
While I love my electric grain mill I also have a hand grain mill that I can use when necessary.  I prefer to hand knead my bread dough unless I'm making more than 8 or 12 loaves at a time then I use the KA mixer with dough hooks.

Other non-electric items we have are a hand pump for water, tripod, open fire grate and various Dutch ovens and cast iron cookware, gas grill, portable propane stove, variety of non-electric lighting items (kerosene lamps, battery operated flashlights, lanterns etc) and a couple of kerosene heaters.

We also have a nice selection of knives, hand operated can openers, rotary egg beaters and much more, I figure if it can be done by hand that's the way to go.  Oh, I also have 3 treadle sewing machines and know how to hand sew just about anything that needs to be sewn.