Author Topic: Your 'Solar Heat Grabber'...  (Read 1263 times)

Offline TheSoddy

Your 'Solar Heat Grabber'...
« on: August 12, 2014, 11:56:41 AM »
Hello!
I have read about your Solar Heat Grabber and I'm planning on (trying) constructing one of these...  A couple questions I have concerning them before I get to building one...

1) What type of 'aluminum foil' should be used for 'maximum efficiency' (ie., regular Reynolds Wrap - Quality Aluminum Foil or a Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, or should the Foil be of a certain 'thickness')?

2) When 'wrapping' the inside and 'thin' board can you use a double layer of aluminum foil (does this help with efficiency if you do)?

3) When you have 'wrapped' the 'thin' board in aluminum foil and have the 'box' wrapped in foil - when you insert the 'thin' board into the box, you just put the silicon on the sides of the 'thin' board (which would be putting the silicon on the aluminum foil that covers the sides of this 'thin' board) and place it into the box and then put some nails into the box sides to hold the 'thin' board, is this 'Correct'?

4) Can you add 'baffles' to the top of this 'thin' board (if so, they should be covered with aluminum foil, Correct?) and then put the thin metal aluminum sheet on top of the 'baffles' and then add 'opposite' baffles between the aluminum sheet and the top glass?

5) Can this 'thin aluminum sheet' be made out of aluminum foil, if so, do you know how to make one of these so it will be fairly 'rigid'??

Thanks in Advance for any Info/Suggestions...

Offline CountryLady

• OCH Founder
  • Administrator
  • I just LOVE this place~!
    • OurCountryHaven Blogs and Forums
Re: Your 'Solar Heat Grabber'...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:34:05 PM »
Hello and Welcome~!

I just got home a little while ago and found your post and questions.
The Solar Heat Grabber is a marvelous and simple device that converts sunlight into heat for homes, workshops, chicken coops and the like.

I'll be happy to reply back soon, but will have to do some research as I go through the posts on both boards.

Happy for your interest....

All the best,
CountryLady

Offline TheSoddy

Re: Your 'Solar Heat Grabber'...
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:38:38 PM »
Sounds good and Thanks a lot...!